Saturday, October 05, 2013

2013 Park Factors

Unfortunately I do not have time right now to run my full end of season stats report (I will be doing it, but it will have to wait for November). However, since the park factors are the element that generates by the far the most interest (as in twenty people are interested rather than five), I wanted to get them posted in a reasonably timely fashion.

For an explanation of the calculations, see the overall explanatory post from last year . This year I did include five-year park factors for San Diego and Seattle due to the outfield dimension changes in this park. My usual approach, which is not optimal but is simple to implement (particularly when figuring historical park factors), is to treat any park with dimension changes as a new park. One could also weight the current year more heavily but still consider prior years or take some other approach, but all I’ve done in this case is provide the five-year park factors as well, listed on the table as SD-5 and SEA-5. In the case of Petco, the one-year factor is .95 and the five-year factor is .92. The difference in the Safeco factors is more extreme--1.00 for one year, .94 for five years.

2013 Park Factors

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to reject any comment for any reason.