Friday, May 29, 2009

Today in Yahoo! Box Scores


At least this time it's something other than things not adding up.

This new format is obviously an attempt to appeal more to fantasy players by including HR, SB, and season WHIP in the lines itself. Personally, I think it's a too cluttered.

The best balance between providing the ancillary categories and keeping things clean and readable is (unsurprisingly) Baseball-Reference's format of including the ancillary details in notes next to the player's regular line. If I was designing Yahoo!'s box scores, I'd worry more about their reliability. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the oddities continue, or if these changes addressed those issues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to reject any comment for any reason.